How to Enable the Threaded Comments in Blogger/Blogspot [Video Tutorial]

January 13, 2012   /   Posted by in Blogger Comments, Video Tutorials 24 Comments
How to Enable the Threaded Comments in Blogger/Blogspot [Video Tutorial]

Blogger released their new Threaded Comments in Blogger Blogs, but many bloggers are not get this feature. In this post i will show you how to enable the threaded comments in blogger blog. This is my second Video tutorial. I hope this will helps you.

Watch the Video in HD Quality for Maximum Clarity

Leave Your Comments. :D

Article written by

I am started my career with Blogger, and now grown as PHP and WordPress Developer. I love playing with Blogger and WordPress.

Do you Like this Article?

rss twitter facebook
Get Subscribe to Free Email Updates!!
*Your email address will not be shared with anyone.

24 Comments on “How to Enable the Threaded Comments in Blogger/Blogspot [Video Tutorial]Add Comment

1. avatar

Wizzdumb January 14, 2012 2:52 am #

I disabled threaded comments because it won’t show comments beyond 200 with my current template. Also, it ignored my current comments customization.

2. avatar

Jon January 14, 2012 3:23 am #

Thanks Harish, very helpful; however I have a problem. The relpay button is not showing.

When I get to the step to replace the code for the web and mobile templates, the web template already has the code. The mobile template does not but it will not let me save the template once I put the new code in! (Don’t think this should matter for the web template anyway though.)

In any case there seems to be something else preventing this from working…any ideas??

Thanks!

3. avatar

Minuscule January 14, 2012 5:25 am #

Hearty Thanks Harish.

I also already enabled.

Anyway 1000 thanks for the video tutorial.

4. avatar

RAWAD alsayed January 14, 2012 9:39 am #

Hi HARISH..U R king of blogger
    Everything is working perfectly, but the direction of the Arabic comments is changed to the left..I do not know why!!…Any ideas?

Harish January 14, 2012 2:53 pm #

Because they didn’t add the CSS for RTL languages

5. avatar

pctpc January 14, 2012 10:04 am #

tnx harish bro!nice tut!
    bro plz added one numbered page whitout advrtisement!

6. avatar

Jon January 14, 2012 12:11 pm #

OK, scratch my last question. I had to basically refresh my post template to get it working, but now it is.

7. avatar

Jon January 14, 2012 12:17 pm #

I do have one other question if you can help…I seemed to have had some collateral damage with this change to threaded comments. On posts that have comments, FF and IE will always go to the comment form when opening the post through a link, including if you click the read more link or even the title link from the main page.

Chrome and Safari seem to be handling it correctly, going to the top of the post or the spot where the jump is for the read more link and only directly to the comment form if you click comments.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks!

Harish January 14, 2012 3:04 pm #

Yes! This is another Bug in threaded comments. :(
      Total 4 Bugs i found in Threaded Comments. I hope blogger will fix those soon.

8. avatar

Jon January 14, 2012 7:55 pm #

Ahh, OK. At least it is good to know it wasn’t something I did :)

Let us know if you hear anything about a fix! Thanks

9. avatar

shree@softechnogeek January 14, 2012 7:58 pm #

dude its working thanks

10. avatar

Melanie January 14, 2012 11:46 pm #

Thanks for the video. The reply button shows, but the link appears to be broken. When I click it, nothing happens. I’ve seen other blogs and it works just fine – do you know why that is?

Harish January 16, 2012 12:27 pm #

Reply button is not functional in some blogs. i hope blogger team will fix it !

11. avatar

RAWAD alsayed January 18, 2012 1:51 am #

dear Harish..
    i have one question
    i need add css to textarea in comments box
    mybe it called “commentBodyField”
    i tryed like that
    #commentBodyField {margin-right : 5px;}
    but nothing happened please help me
    my problem on my test blog
    replay please
    sorry for my bad english

Harish January 18, 2012 11:46 am #

Blogger Comment form is in Iframe. so we didn’t apply the any css styling to the comment form.
      for your problem, search for .comments .comment-replybox-thread and add some padding(about 5 to 10px).

RAWAD alsayed January 18, 2012 8:31 pm #

Thank you very much wish to kiss your forehead :-*

12. avatar

Geri January 20, 2012 3:44 am #

Is there a way to disable the threaded comments? I had numbered comments and now they’ve disappeared.

13. avatar

Ammar @ Free Premium Themes February 4, 2012 2:29 pm #

I can’t understand threaded comments without this video . Keep sharing

14. avatar

Summer February 5, 2012 4:30 am #

Hi, thanks much for this, I have one slight hitch. The new threaded comments are supposed to show a pen icon beside the author’s comments but mine just seems to be a blank space. Any idea why?

Can you also teach me how to highlight the author’s comments to another colour in this new template?

Harish February 6, 2012 11:26 pm #

Some CSS is missed in your comments.
      You are Using blogger designer template. So Follow the “Method 1″ in this Post http://www.way2blogging.org/2012/01/official-blogger-threaded-comments-is-live.html

15. avatar

Ismail February 13, 2012 5:45 pm #

hi harish, how are you?
    i have a request,
    is there any possibility to make wordpress thread-comment 1.4.9.4
    for blogger, it means to convert it
    it very nice and very professional, you can find link here:
    thanks to help us

16. avatar

Ismail February 13, 2012 5:57 pm #

look! this is an example of wordpress thread-comment 1.4.9.4
    updated on blogger blog
    visit this blog
    please help us

17. avatar

Becky Jane February 14, 2012 11:53 pm #

I followed your steps, but in the Edit HTML, I couldn’t locate the code that I need to replace. Any suggestions?

Harish February 15, 2012 12:01 am #

Please check the Expand Template Widgets checkbox in Edit HTML tab and try again!